Our main goal is to get an inclusive school where all students find their own space. To achieve this, we work with ICT tools that facilitate the access to the content and are very accessible and motivating for students. In particular, we work with iPad apps to provide educational resources to meet the needs of students with disabilities. Two years ago we created ” iPads and Autism “, a project that aims to improve school inclusion of students with special educational needs (SEN), and more specifically, students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in regular classrooms.
Our objectives are:
- To improve the inclusion of students with ASD at school.
- To enhance their skills and abilities with tablets.
- To provide a communication tool to students with speech and language impairment.
- To achieve a greater degree of autonomy and strengthen their self-esteem.
- To provide an inclusive tool to work with these students in regular classrooms.