ABC Ninja is an exciting educational game that helps kids rapidly learn their letters by sight, sound, and touch.
The interface is very intuitive and allows also to teach and learn phonics.
It is an adaptation of the successful game Fruit Ninja, but with letters.
I was a little skeptical in the beginning but I have to confess that the students’ learning was great and that they love it.
It involves different senses, visual, hearing, tactile, coordination, reflexes, so on.
The letters come into view from the bottom, go up and down and vanish from the screen. Meanwhile, the student has to slice the letter that it is pronounced.
When the timer is finished appear a review and a star system reward.
The idea is simple but powerful. The configuration is great.
- You can change the Game Difficulty; Easy, Medium, Hard.
- Turn on/off the Random Playback.
- Define the game duration
- Choose between capital and lower case letters
- Choose which letters do you want to work with.
- Choose whether you prefer to work with the name of the letters or phonics.
- Record your own phonics.
– Starts with 1 letter
– Max of 3 letters on screen
– Letters move 30% faster
– Starts with 2 letters
– Max of 5 letters on screen
– Letters move even faster
– Letters rotate faster too
Other things in consideration
• Wrong answers do not interfere with gameplay, the child can immediately try again and slice the correct answer (most other games are too slow to keep kids interested by interrupting the gameplay and slowly repeating the desired question)